Terabyte is immensely proud of its enduring partnership with Real Journeys, one of New Zealand’s premier tourism operators. Having launched a completely redeveloped website including a fully integrated end-to-end booking solution in 2012, we were delighted to once again partner on this full website redesign and development project.
Our design approach was to enhance the user experience by analysing and incorporating every phase of the visitor journey - Dream, Plan, Book and Share - to maximise online revenue opportunities and amplify social engagement, both ‘pre’ and ‘post’ tour.
This project had some very clear objectives:
- Re-engineering the booking engine interface and workflow to further enhance conversion opportunities.
- Re-designing the look and feel of the website, creating an online extension of the wider RJ re-brand programme completed in early 2016.
- To draw on our shared tourism experience as well as key analytics and CRO findings to streamline the existing IA of the Real Journeys website, to be even more intuitive for users increasing the findability of products, whether by destination or experience.
- To deliver an adaptive online experience for mobile, tablet and desktop users, by optimising content based on a visitors device.
- To future-proof the Real Journeys Digital Platform with a market leading, globally recognised CMS platform (Umbraco), making the process of updating content and integrating social media more efficient and manageable for the Real Journeys team.